Help Everyone Rebuild
Donate before the end of the year and help our neighbors most impacted by COVID-19 and structural inequities.
Across the U.S.:
- According to the Associated Press, 23% of people say they have not been able to get enough to eat or the kinds of food they want
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development reports chronic homelessness increased 15% during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Black women often receive lower quality health care which causes a preterm infant mortality that is three times higher for infants born to Black mothers than white mothers, according to the Center for Disease Control.
- A report from Child Trends, says white high school students are more likely to be employed than their Black and Hispanic peers, which means students of color are excluded more often from earning valuable job experience at an early age.
These challenges to lives and livelihoods will take years to overcome. That’s why United Way goes beyond responding to immediate needs. We’re helping people recover. We’re reimagining more equitable communities, and we’re a vital force in rebuilding resilient communities where everyone can thrive.
But that’s not possible without generous community members like you.
When you donate to United Way of Greater Fall River you:
- Make healthy, affordable food more accessible
- Provide more shelter for people experiencing homelessness
- Help more people connect to 211, a critical helpline
- Give more people support navigating unemployment benefits
- Increase job training opportunities
- Support students working to graduate high school
- Connect more people to mental health care services
Our neighbors cannot wait any longer for relief, for support, for equality, for the opportunity to live a healthy, thriving life. Join generous community members across our region in making a year-end gift.
Help rebuild our community
Your tax-deductible donation stays local and supports the fight for the health, education & financial stability of Greater Fall River. Together, we LIVE UNITED. Together, we build our community back better and stronger.